Important COVID-19 Communication to Members and Exhibitors
SEMI has always made the health and safety of our members and guests who attend our events our top priority. With regards to SEMICON Europa 2020, we are in close contact with our Messe Munich partners, in consultation with the responsible authorities, and are taking their recommendations into account with regard to the staging of events. At the current time, we are proceeding as planned with SEMICON Europa 2020 on November 10 - 13.
Our partners Messe Munich are currently working on various scenarios for holding SEMICON Europa co-located with electronica in a safe, hygienic environment. Please find the COVID-19 safety protocol here: https://electronica.de/en/exhibitors/information/latest-information/
As countries across the world have already started to ease restrictions put into place due to COVID-19, we are confident we will be able to hold this annual flagship event for the European electronics industry as planned.
There is a wonderful opportunity to make this year’s SEMICON Europa and electronica the co-located global electronics event of 2020. As the world seeks to leverage emerging technologies to establish a “new normal,” we will gather top industry executives and key stakeholders from the public and private sectors to help design a way forward to fast-track a return to high industry growth into 2021 and beyond.
Please find below information on a bonus discount and cancellation conditions that apply to the participation fee.
1. 20% COVID-19 BONUS on the participation fee (square meters)
- SEMI would like to offer all SEMICON Europa 2020 exhibitors a 20% discount of the Raw Space (sqm) application. This bonus will be settled by Messe Munich by issuing a one-off credit note after final invoicing; the basis for the bonus is the participation price.
2. Cancellation Terms and Conditions due to COVID-19
- In case SEMI comes to the decision to cancel SEMICON Europa 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions, there will be a 100% refund of the participation fee. The same applies for exhibitors who will have travel restrictions during electronica 2020/ SEMICON Europa 2020 on November 10 – 13 and cannot participate.
- In cases where an exhibitor cancels their participation after confirmation of placement, i.e. cancellation without reason, SEMI will ease the cancellation fee (normally set at 100%) to 25% of the participation fee.
We will keep you informed about all further developments on SEMICON Europa 2020. Current information and resources from SEMI on developments relating to COVID-19 can also be found at www.semi.org/covid-19.
We look forward to welcoming you to SEMICON Europa in Munich on November 10, 2020!
Richard Salsman Laith Altimime
CFO & Vice President Operations, SEMI President, SEMI Europe